Manwhore & Manwhore +1 (Manwhore #1, #2) by Katy Evans

Thursday 30 January 2020

★★★★



SYNOPSIS

This is the story I've been waiting for all my life, and its name is Malcolm Kyle Preston Logan Saint. Don’t be fooled by that last name though. There’s nothing holy about the man except the hell his parties raise. The hottest entrepreneur Chicago has ever known, he’s a man’s man with too much money to spend and too many women vying for his attention.

Mysterious. Privileged. Legendary. His entire life he’s been surrounded by the press as they dig for tidbits to see if his fairytale life is for real or all mirrors and social media lies. Since he hit the scene, his secrets have been his and his alone to keep. And that’s where I come in.

Assigned to investigate Saint and reveal his elusive personality, I’m determined to make him the story that will change my career.

But I never imagined he would change my life. Bit by bit, I start to wonder if I'm the one discovering him...or if he's uncovering me.

What happens when the man they call Saint, makes you want to sin?


REVIEW

I'm writing a review about both of these books together for a reason, which I'll explain later on.

First of all, I have to say that Ms Evans knows how to do it. All her books just have this pull that when you start reading her book, you just can't put it down. 

Let's break it down. What I liked about Rachel is that she was speaking her mind. She said whatever was on her mind. Even from the start when she was nervous around Malcolm. And, honestly, who wouldn't be? He's sex on the legs. Literally.

I liked Rachel, but I disliked her friends, especially Gina. My God, was she annoying at times. Whenever Rachel tried to have a normal conversation with her about Malcolm, Gina started crying to her about what her ex did to her. (Seriously, Gina, no one cares. We're talking about Rachel, be a good friend and just listen?!). She physically and emotionally tried to drag Rachel away from Malcolm, just overall being a judgmental b***. I get it. Seriously. She got hurt. But this isn't about her. And then - wait for it - she was offended when Rachel didn't tell her anything about her relationship with Malcolm. Huh?!

And Malcolm ... He's something, for sure. Sexy. Has muscles for days. Rich as hell. He makes you love him if you want to or not. He has a way with words that makes you swoon. He's possessive and territorial. 


"Oh yes." I tug the hem of my skirt self-consciously. 
"I had to drop half my dress."
"Did you now?" Tahoe asks. 
"T."
One word, one letter, from Malcolm.
"Yeah, Saint?" Tahoe returns, lifting his eyebrows.
"Dibs."

Swoooon! He's a sweet talker and, although he's the ultimate playboy, never have given his heart away, he still does it for Rachel.

"I indulge in anything that I want. I'm not in business of denying myself what I want. I'm not in the business of denying those around me of anything they want. I'm yours if you want me, Rachel."
And although Rachel can really be a mess sometimes since she doesn't trust Malcolm at all with his playboy tendencies. And also because she shouldn't fall in love. She's there to write about him, to reveal the real him to the world. But what does Malcolm has to say about her being a mess, you ask? "Be my mess then." Yep. Love. Instantly. 

He's also protective. He wouldn't let anything happen to the one he loves. And by now, we all know who I'm talking about. We just have to love an alpha male sometimes. 😉

So why four stars from me? I liked the plot overall, it pulled you in at first. The first book ends with such a cliffhanger that you just have to read the second book. And the reason I'm giving this 4 stars it's because it soon starts to get a little bit too repetitive and boring reading about their non-stop bed activities. Don't get me wrong, the author knows what she's doing and Malcolm knows it even more, but it soon just becomes too much and it feels like you're only reading about them between sheets and not so much about them out of them.

If you read it, please do let me know what you thought about it!

FIND THE BOOKS ON:


Post a Comment