Bennett Mafia by Tijan

Wednesday 15 April 2020

 


Genre: romance (new adult)
Release date: March 3rd, 2019
Series: / (standalone)
Pages: 395


There were always whispers about my roommate at Hillcrest Academy.

The wealthiest of the wealthy sent their kids to our boarding school, and Brooke Bennett had been at the top, though I never quite knew why. She was fun and outgoing, but she kept quiet about her family. The only things she showed me were photographs of her brothers.


I became fascinated with her second-oldest brother. Kai Bennett.


He was the most of them all. Smoldering. Hypnotic. Alluring.

Kai had eyes that pulled me in and a face that haunted my dreams.

Then I met him.

He came to our school with their father, and that’s when I learned what kind of family Brooke came from. They were mafia, and Brooke’s oldest brother was dead. Her father said accident, but Brooke said murder.


Three months later, her father died, and Kai became the head of the Bennett Family. Brooke left Hillcrest for good, and that was the last time I saw her.


Fourteen years later, I’m staring at her face on the television. Brooke is missing.


Two days later, Kai Bennett kidnaps me.


Dodajte napis
Wheeeew, this book! This book is crazy intense. And so sexy. There is definitely something about bad guys that are good to their girl only. Am I right or am I right?! 

I have to say that this author doesn't disappoint. The books are always insanely good and the plot is always so interesting that it just pulls you in and doesn't let you leave. Hypothetically speaking, of course. Okay, maybe not completely hypothetically, especially with this story ...

I have an obsession with bad guys. This is a well-known fact that I'm not ashamed to admit. And Kai Bennett is a definition of a bad boy. He does bad things. Murder, sex-trafficking, gun-trafficking ... He does unimaginable things. But what he also does is love his family. Completely and unconditionally. When his sister goes missing, he devotes his time in finding her. And he starts with the one person that's good at making people disappear.

Riley is someone who has a dark past. She's hiding and no one knows she's alive. Well, that's not entirely true. Kai knows. He kidnaps her and takes her away from her life and her friends because he wants her to tell him where is his sister, who was also Riley's roommate back in the days.

Riley doesn't cooperate. It's in her blood. She can't reveal her secrets because she'd betray her friends and everyone else that has ever helped her. She thinks Kai is a bad person. He does bad things in front of her, but never to her. He protects her and she can't get past that. He does bad things to bad people. And she quickly releases that the attraction she felt towards him grow into strong feelings for him.

There is so much angst in this family, so many secrets and untold stories. This family holds dark secrets. There are so many twists, so much of heart-ache. God, this story really makes you go through a series of emotions. But you can't help but love it.