Carter Reed by Tijan

Saturday 9 May 2020



Date of release: September 28th, 2013
Series: / standalone
Pages: 285


Emma decided to skip the gym and went home early. It was the last easy decision she made because she found her roommate being raped by her boyfriend. She had two choices. Call the cops and be killed by his family’s mafia connections or kill him first and hope to survive. There was no choice to her. She killed the bastard first and went to the one person who could protect her. Carter Reed. He’s a weapon for the rivaling mafia family, but he’s also Emma’s secret. Not only was he best friends with her brother, but she’s the reason he became that weapon in the first place. 



*

This book. THIS BOOK!! I don't even know where to begin. It was cute, hot, dangerous, dramatic ... What else to expect from Tijan, right? 

I'm starting by saying that Carter Reed is a total babe. Yep. But in a "I'm hot and dangerous and I'll protect my woman at all cost" kinda way. He's protective, he's sweet and he can be actually nice - but only to Emma. And maybe some of her friends. 

When Emma makes a mistake (that, in all reality, shouldn't be called a mistake), she gets herself and all her friends in danger. She immediately goes to Carter because she knows he's going to protect her. And she's not wrong. When Emma enters Carter's life, both of their lives change. 

Carter is a dangerous man. He does ugly things because he has to. But when it comes to Emma ... Man, he worships her. 

But they're faced with some struggles, Emma's life is in danger and their trust is frequently tested. 

I have to say that I loved this book! There were so many twists and mysteries and so much drama! But (and we all knew this was coming), I also felt boredom while reading about their little perfect relationship. I mean, there were struggles, but they got together pretty quickly in the book and said their I love yous (which was also kind of weird, but I'm not spoiling that). I don't know. Just a few little things that made this book a four-stars book instead of five.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely. I did love Carter - even every bad thing he's ever done.