Out of Love by Jewel E. Anna

Thursday 7 January 2021




Release date: September 27th, 2020
Series: / standalone
Pages: 279
Genre: Romance


Conspiracies. Corruption. Serial killers.

You name it—I'm fascinated by it. My mom always blamed my overly curious and highly suspicious mind on my dad.

My incredibly overbearing dad.

Mr. No One Is Good Enough For My Daughter has been terrifying my dates since I turned fifteen.

College is my chance to be free from his control and date any guy I want.

I'm absolutely certain he would hate Slade Wylder—almost as certain as I am that I do too.

Since when have I shied away from trouble?

Slade fascinates me. He lives in a house I'm certain is haunted. His dog is trained as well as any guard I've ever seen. Rumor on campus is that he deals drugs. It would explain a lot.

But it doesn't explain why he saves me from my darkest moment.

It doesn't explain why I can't stop thinking about him.

And the explanation I finally discover is far more dangerous than any rumor.


*
My lover. My protector. My world. My monster ...

I don't even know where to begin with this book. I liked it, but it didn't throw me on my ass like it did everyone else. 

Let's start with Livy. Livy sees Slade in her class. He has a dog with him - a German Shepherd and it fascinates her. She hears rumours about him and that fascinates her even more. She wants to befriend him suddenly and she starts talking to him, even going to his place, even though it's obvious he doesn't want to do anything with her.

But Livy is persistent. She wants him and she's not stopping until he gets him. At some parts, Livy was annoying the hell out of me because she didn't even let Slade breathe.

But then ... things start progressing, Slade warms up to her and they fall in love. And slowly, Livy starts discovering new secrets about Slade and her father and all of a sudden, she's in danger. She doesn't know who she can trust anymore.

Things start to get interesting and it quickly becomes a matter of life and death. Livy has to sacrifice something that means the world to her in order to stay alive. 

I have to say that this book would get five stars from me (or at least 4.5) if it wasn't for the ending. Not only that I didn't expect it, but it was also fast-paced and it felt like for what happened and how it happened, but things also weren't explained enough. I'd like to have more detailed answers to my hows and wheres.

I'm not going to spoil it, but it happened suddenly and out of nowhere and it felt too rushed. 

Otherwise, this was a great read and it was different with the girl chasing the guy.

❝How far would you go for me?❞
❝The ends of the earth.❞


Jewel is a Wall Street Journal & USA Today best selling author a with a quirky sense of humor. When she's not saving the planet one tree at a time, you can find her role modeling questionable behavior to her three boys, binge-watching Netflix with her husband, and writing mind-bending romance.

Her upcoming release is Fortuity, a romantic-comedy.

Upcoming Projects: Out of Love (J&J Book 4) and a 2020 holiday romance!
Get a free book by subscribing to her newsletter!—> Sign up here!






Post a Comment