Ladies Man (Manwhore #3) by Katy Evans

Tuesday 11 February 2020

★★

SYNOPSIS 

He’s not the guy you date.
He’s the one night stand.

You’d think the man who sends hot looks my way, who called me succulent, would want to strip me to my skin and spread me out on his bed like every other woman in Chicago.

Except he passed on my offer….

Just like I once did on his.

He’s wary, like I am.

He’s broken, like I am.

And everyone knows two broken parts can’t ever make a whole.

So I try to distract myself. I’m back to dating.

Tahoe and I are strictly friends. He doesn’t think my new beau is good enough, but to him, no man is good enough for me. Especially Tahoe himself.

But the more time Tahoe and I spend around each other, the more confused I feel.

I'm trying to open myself to love.

But I'm quickly realizing that the only man I want is stubborn, cocky, unattainable playboy Tahoe Roth.

The one your mother warned you about.
The one my body craves.
The only one who will surely break my heart.

REVIEW

If you wish to read the review of the first two books of this series, click here.

I love Katy Evans and this series looked promising from the start, but this book really didn't do it for me. I'm giving this book two stars with a heavy heart because I enjoyed this author's other books and I know she has a way with words. Just not in this book, sadly.

Tahoe was supposed to be sexy, and he might be, on the outside, but his personality was just a big no. He was portrayed as a man who liked Regina very much, but he didn't feel worthy of being with her. So what does he do? He parties. And brings other women home. Because he can and that's just who he is. Yeah, no.

He's this hot womanizer that every woman wants, so every woman can have him. Except Regina. Nope, not her. Because she's too good for him. So she can only watch from a distance as he bangs other women, yet she still likes him so much it hurts. Dear God.

And Regina has been lusting over him from chapter 1, but because Tahoe doesn't feel worthy of her and pushes her away, she starts dating another guy, even though she's just not into him. She's trying so hard to forget a man by leading on another one, it was just becoming annoying.

And Tahoe? He's acting like a jealous prick when he has no right to be. And that wasn't hot at all, it was just annoying. 

But this book wasn't all bad, hence the two stars I am giving it. It was entertaining to read, it was flowing nicely and there were some smoking hot scenes in it, which made it worthy to read until the end. I just feel like there should be a lot more or something a lot less.

It was disappointing to read because there was not much about Tahoe and Regina's relationship until the end. I wanted more of them and I feel like they deserved more, especially because the first two books were promising. 

However, I'll finish reading this series because I still can't get enough of hot womanizers, brought down to their knees by the women that capture their hearts.

Post a Comment