Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Sunday 5 April 2020




Date of release: February 4th 2014
Series: Crossfire #1
Pages: 334

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness. He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily.


Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart.

Dodajte napis

I understand the euphoria about this book. Honestly, what is there not to like? Sylvia Day writes in such a captivating way that truly pulls you in like a magnet.

This book ... is hot. Scorching. Gideon Cross is a man you look at and just say, "Yes, please, and thank you. Whatever you want - it's yours." He's hot, possessive, has the stamina to die for and he's, well, known as a player. It's so easy to get consumed with him so I understand Eva completely. 

Eva is a woman, driven by success and her past trauma. She moves to New York because she wants to make it on her own without having to deal with her overly-obsessing and overly-protective mother who controls every step she takes. She lives with Cary, her bisexual best friend who also has major issues, When she meets a mysterious, good-looking Gideon Cross, her life changes drastically. 

They're both troubled and they both have a past that's haunting them. Eva and Gideon's chemistry is out of this world in this book. It's addicting to read about them because they're both so hot together that it makes you stare at the wall wistfully when you finish the book.

Eva, however, has some troubles with trust. She's a very jealous person and she also doesn't take well when Gideon tries to get too protective where it gets borderline creepy. She runs away from him every time he messes up and he has to run after her every time to prove her that he's in this fully and he's committed.

Their relationship is full of unresolved issues and a lot of unanswered questions from Gideon. He's a mystery and not easy to crack and that drives Eva insane.

I have to say this has to be the hottest book I've ever read. The scenes in this book ... wow. Props to Miss Sylvia Day, because she knows how to write out the chemistry between them, too. You can basically feel their love and their passion for each other. They're crazy, in their own way, but they're definitely crazy for each other and there's no mistake in that. 

Their relationship has a long way to go, but this first book was incredible. 

“I can't go long without you either, Eva. You're an addiction...my obsession...”


Dodajte napis