Enemies by Tijan

Monday 27 April 2020



Genre: romance (new adult)
Date of release: December 1st, 2019
Series: / standalone
Pages: 370


Stone Reeves was my neighbor, and I've hated him since sixth grade.

Gorgeous and charismatic, he became the town's football god, while I became the town's invisible girl.
He went to a Division 1 school for football, while my father was fired by his father.
His team won the National Championship, while my mother died the same day.

He was a first round pick for the NFL ...
... while I made the worst decision of my life.

Now I'm in Texas trying to pick up the pieces of my life.
But, Stone is here.
Stone is everywhere.

It doesn't matter that disaster has struck my life again.
It doesn't matter that he's the one trying to console me.
It doesn't matter that he's the nation's newest football obsession.

Because for me, he always has been and always will be my enemy.



Dodajte napis

This is one of those books that everyone seems to love, but I only find it ... okay, that's why I'm giving it three stars. 

This book wasn't bad, by any means. It's that typical hate-to-love relationship. The writing was good. I also liked Stone a lot. He was charming and nice to everyone. And he's also hot. Seriously - what is there not to like? 

But Dusty ... I very much like her name, but that's just one of the very few things I find likeable about her. Frankly, she didn't do it for me. I don't know why. I've tried, but she didn't grow on me. 

Dusty has been a lot in her life. She's filled with trauma, but bad things happening to her aren't only the past for her. She experiences a major the-world-turning-upside-down moment right after she moves to Texas. And that brings Stone, once her very good friend, now the pro footballer and her enemy. At least she thinks that.

She has an accident when Carter comes back into her life and he doesn't leave her side. She has a lot to deal with and he helps her. With sex. 

I think my primary turn off was that Carter was always there for her, but she didn't return the favour. She thought of him as her enemy while he was being far from that. And he didn't have much to do with what happened to her family, either. She just needed someone to place blame on.

I am extremely saddened that I didn't find this story as enjoyable as others did. Tijan's writing is good and I enjoyed some of the other stories from this author, just not this one. I'm still looking forward to reading some of the other work because the plots are intriguing.