The Locker Room by Meghan Quinn

Sunday 7 June 2020


Release date: June 17th, 2019
Series: / standalone
Pages: 318
Genre: romance


Have you heard the rumor around campus about the locker room?

If you haven't, let me enlighten you: Legend has it if you bring a girl into the sacred after-game domain of the baseball locker room, it will end with a walk down the aisle. One rowdy and naked encounter against the lockers with the girl of your dreams will make her your wife.

Translation: baseball players are stupidly superstitious and believe the locker room has magical powers.

But not all baseball players are superstitious, me included.

So when the girl I've fallen for brushes me off, I start to question if I need to switch my way of thinking. Maybe it's time I finally hand out a coveted invitation to the locker room.

The only question is, will she accept?

*
This was really just an eh book for me. The disappointment with this one was big because it started promising and I loved the characters at first, but it took such a turn that ruined the whole book for me.

I liked Emily at first. I loved that she didn't fall for Knox's charms right away just because he was this hot baseball player. She was healing from a bad breakup with a boyfriend who cheated on her and she wasn't ready for a new relationship.

Knox was an absolute sweetheart. He was nice and patient with Emory because he understood that she wasn't ready to trust someone else again, even though he wanted to be with her and he wanted to show her that he's serious about her.

And that's where it all started to go down. Emory started pissing me off because she was getting annoying with the constant pushing Knox away crap. This was going on for the entire book.

And then they made a bet who'd be the first one to break down and want to have sex first and then it was all about this bet.

I thought, okay, maybe the ending will be super sweet or something. No. The ending was the worst one I've ever read and it made me immediately dislike this book. They got their happy ending after separating for 8 years. 8 years

Also, the story didn't really have much to do with the locker room and I expected something very different from the synopsis and the title, but I have to say it's misleading.

Honestly, this book would've been awesome for me if it only ended in a different way. I could go past Emory becoming annoying with constantly pushing Knox away, but I really can't get past that ending because it ruined the whole book for me. 


When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and was sold and I haven't turned back since.

You can either find my head buried in my Kindle, listening to inspiring heart ripping music or typing away on the computer twisting and turning the lives of my characters while driving my readers crazy with anticipation.

​I currently reside in beautiful Colorado Springs where the sun is always shining and there is a trail waiting to be hiked on every corner. I share a lovely and warm home with the love of my life and my five, four-legged children.



Post a Comment