July TBR list and new releases

Saturday 4 July 2020


There are some reviews waiting to be written for books I started reading in June, but still haven't finished them and came around to write a review, but ... here's to the new month and a new list of reading! 

I'm very, very excited about this month's reading list. I mean, isn't it pretty? And most of these are my favourite authors or authors that I really, really love. 

There are also a few books left that were published in June, but I didn't find time to read them, so they're appearing on this list as well.

I left some room for a few other books because I always happen to find or receive new books to read. 

I'm so excited for this month and I'm especially excited about some of the new releases. Let's jump right into it, shall we?

HANDS DOWN by Mariana Zapata


Release date: July 2nd, 2020
Series: / standalone
Pages: 529
Genre: Romance


Before he was Big Texas, he was Zac the Snack Pack.

Bianca Brannen knows time—mostly—heals all wounds. Including those your once loved ones might have unintentionally given you. (Those just take longer.)

She thinks she’s ready when a call has her walking back into her old friend’s life. Or at least as prepared as possible to see the starting quarterback in the National Football Organization. Before the lights, the fans, and the millions, he’d been a skinny kid with a heart of gold.

Waltzing out of Zac Travis’s life should be easy. Just as easy as he walked out of hers.

THE RIVALS by Vi Keeland


Release date: July 13th, 2020
Series: / standalone
Pages: 300
Genre: Romance


The feud between Weston Lockwood and me started at the altar.

Only neither of us attended the wedding, and the nuptials happened decades before either of us was born.

Our grandfathers had been best friends and business partners, at least up until my grandfather’s wedding day—when his bride-to-be blurted out she couldn’t marry him because she was also in love with Weston‘s grandfather.

The two men spent years fighting over Grace Copeland, who also happened to be their third business partner.  But in the end, neither man could steal half of her heart away from the other.

Eventually, they all went their separate ways. Our grandfathers married other women, and the two men became one of the biggest business rivals in history.

Our fathers continued the family tradition of feuding. And then Weston and I did, too.

For the most part, we kept as much distance as possible.

Until the day the woman who started the feud died—and unexpectedly left one of the most valuable hotels in the world to our grandfathers to share.

Now I’m stuck in a hotel with the man I was born to hate, trying to unravel the mess our families inherited.

As usual, it didn’t take long for us to be at each other’s throats.

Weston Lockwood was everything I hated: tall, smart, cocky, and too gorgeous for his own good.  We were fire and ice. 

But that shouldn’t be an issue. Our families were used to being at war. There was just one minor problem, though. Every time Weston and I fought, we somehow wound up in bed.
 


CAN I COME OVER? by Whitney G.


Release date: June 4th, 2020
Series: / standalone
Pages: 120
Genre: Romance

It all started with a sex scene…

Well, I was failing to write a sex scene.

As an author of over fifty smut books, I was struggling to do what I did best. So, for fun, I asked one of my best online friends for some help.

I really shouldn’t have done that…

He wrote the scene far better than I ever could, and seven months of platonic, yet-flirty friendship were wiped away in ten minutes.

He asked to meet me in person…

We’d previously agreed to keep things digital, to remain faceless friends—since he was forty-two, and I was twenty-six, but neither of us could resist.

When I saw him at the airport, I was instantly attracted to him.

But I knew, right then and there, that we could never be.

It turns out that the man I’d been talking to for the past several months was the last person I expected.

The last person I should ever think about…

HARD TO HANDLE by K. Bromberg


Release date: June 30th, 2020
Series: Play Hard #1
Pages: 362
Genre: Romance

At first, the request seemed simple—sign a new athlete to the agency.

Then I found out the new athlete was none other than the most wanted man in hockey today: Hunter Maddox

Gifted. Sexy. At the top of his game. And the only man who has ever broken my heart.

If signing him will help save our family business, I’ll swallow my pride and do what’s asked.

But when it becomes clear his uncharacteristic antics off the ice are a hint of something deeper, keeping things strictly professional between us becomes more than complicated. But I know better than to cross that line.

I’ll never date a client. Not even for him.
***
Win the Stanley Cup and do it before time runs out.

Not a small feat, but it’s what’s motivated me since the start of my career.

And time is running out.

Enter Dekker Kincade.

Feisty. Dogged. Damn gorgeous. The one I let get away.

I have no idea why she’s traveling with the team, but hell if resisting her is going to be easy.

But I have a job to do, and I refuse to lose sight of that end game. Even if she confuses me. Even if she sees parts of me I’ve hidden from the world.

I can’t lose focus. Not even for her.

A RECKLESS NOTE by Lisa Renee Jones


Release date: June 23rd, 2020
Series: Brilliance Trilogy #1
Genre: Romance


Passion, seduction, and my family’s secret that could change everything. I went looking for my missing brother, but instead, I found him: Kace August. He's dark. He's dangerous. He makes me want things I can’t have and brings me into a world of forbidden seduction. But I just can't seem to walk away.

DREAM MAKER by Kristen Ashley


Release date: May 26th, 2020
Series: Dream Team #1
Pages: 544
Genre: Romance


Evie is a bonafide nerd and a hyper-intelligent chick who has worked her whole life to get what she wants. Growing up, she had no support from her family and has only ever been able to rely on herself. So when Evie decides she wants to earn her engineering degree, she realizes she needs to take an alternative path to get there. She takes a job dancing at Smithie's club thinking this would be a quick side gig, where she can make the money she needs. But with her lack of dancing skills and an alpha bad boy who becomes overly protective, Evie realizes this might not be as easy as she thought.

Daniel "Mag" Magnusson knows a thing or two about pain, but the mask he wears is excellent. No one can tell that this good-looking, quick-witted, and roguish guy has deep-seated issues. Mag puts on a funny-guy routine so he can hide his broken heart and PTSD. But when Evie dances her way into Mag's life, he realizes that he needs to come face-to-face with the demons of his past if he wants a future with her.

VICIOUS by L. J. Shen


Release date: December 27th, 2016
Series: Sinners of Saint #1
Pages: 339
Genre: Romance (new adult)

Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true. The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. He is a brilliant lawyer. A skilled criminal. A beautiful liar. A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover.

Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.

Vicious

She is a starving artist. Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom. Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. She paid the price.

Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. So she hates me. Big fucking deal. She better get used to me.


Post a Comment