Rogue by Michele Mannon (ARC)

Tuesday 21 July 2020


Release date: August 6th, 2020
Series: Deadliest lies #1
Genre: Romance

When I first laid eyes on him, I should have run the other way.
Trouble was written all over him, from the confident swagger in his stride and seductive curl of his lips, to his smug, knowing looks. Jaxson was irresistible . . .and I fell hard.
Then he was killed.
Now the ruthless, unforgiving boss of an underworld organization thinks I did it.
I’ve gone rogue, hell-bent on both revenge and redemption. Whatever it takes, I'm going to finish a job that began nine months ago. An unauthorized assignment that turned horribly, devastatingly wrong. My miscalculation. My fault. My heart left shattered into incomplete pieces which will never wholly fit back together again.
But first I have to outsmart the hired killer they've sent after me; a killer who knows my every move, who’s been inside my head, who owns my heart.
I'm the traitor, Kylie. The rogue mercenary. His newest assignment. 
And this is our love story.
*
I have to say that the first half of the book really had me on the edge of my seat. This story was unique and it had a story you had to follow intently, otherwise it wasn't understandable.
I loved the chemistry between the main characters from the beginning and I absolutely loved their wordplay and Kylie's fearlessness. The writing was OK and the first half of the book was very interesting to read because it was hot, passionate and steamy. There was also jumping from past to present and we had chapters from Shelby and Paris so you had to really be into it to follow what was going on and when.
Jaxson was sexy. I have nothing else to say for him. He was the one that went after Kylie when she wasn't so sure about him and about them. He and Kaylie were a team and they had to do dangerous things.
❝You and I, fireball, are going to be a thing.❞
This story had a lot of twists and shifts. But then, the other half of the book got kind of boring to read because it started to get confusing and the mystery got so far that even I didn't know what was going on anymore. It was especially confusing with shifting from past to future all the time and when things started to become similar in the past and the present.
Also, there wasn't much said about Hell camp and I was disappointed because I expected there'd be written more about it, since it was presented as something everyone is scared of, but then it was written as if it's not a big deal at all.
This book had a lot of potential in the start, but there are things later on that I wish would've just been written better.
Michele Mannon has been writing romance since her first publication in 2012. A multiple recipient of Romantic Times Magazine’s prestigious TOP PICKS award, Michele’s books always pack a punch, leaving readers laughing out loud or swooning and biting their fingernails at all the appropriate times.

To date, she’s written a contemporary sports romance series and a spicy contemporary/New Adult series with a heavy dose of suspense. Her books have been sold in print, digitally, and on Audible.

Michele lives on a mountain overlooking the Delaware River, where she can be found with a glass of Riesling in her hand and a laptop on her lap. Find her online at: http://www.michelemannon.com

Or connect here:

Newsletter ➔ http://bit.ly/2pqkCX
 ...more



Post a Comment