Hot Pickle by J. J. Knight

Sunday 13 September 2020



Release date: August 31st, 2020
Series: / standalone
Pages: 277
Genre: Romance



I'm rock hard.
No, not like that.
When that happens, you won't need me to tell you.

I'm a competitive bodybuilder, ready for my very first contest. And winning requires more than killer workouts and stage presence.

It's all about the tan.

My training partner Franklin uses the best in the business — Camryn Schultz. She understands the career killer of a badly placed white spot.

She’s also his sister.

So when the craptastic tan I’m given for my first competition requires an emergency patch, Franklin knows exactly who to call.

The thing is, when Camryn's hands hit my skin, more than a few muscles spring to life.

I’m about to head on stage in the tiniest Speedo imaginable and parts of me no longer fit.

What I need to do for my friendship and my future on the circuit is to walk away.

But when my best friend's sister has her hands on my hard body, there’s no way this Pickle is going to get anything but hot.


*
I have to say I came across this book randomly and when I decided to read it, I was quite unsure how it would go for me. The synopsis was interesting and intriguing, but I was concerned about the main character being a bodybuilder since I don't necessarily find them sexy.

And I was right for having concerns because throughout the book, I couldn't really think of Max as sexy. I found him charming and super nice, though. 

This book in an easy and quick read, especially in-between books. It's lightweight and not covering any hard subjects, therefore you get through it quite quickly.

I liked this book. I don't have much to say about it because it wasn't anything special, but the writing was off, although it put me off a little when the author was addressing readers in the book with the sentence, "Readers, I have to admit I want to smack her." Maybe that's just because I'm not used to seeing something like that in the books and it was weird. 

I liked Camryn, although it felt like she was living in a shell at first and just needed to become a little more straight-forward and not hide. 

Max was charming. He was super sweet, not rushing Camryn into anything, even though he basically fell in love the first time he saw her.

The one character I didn't like was Camryn's brother. He was so bitter to everyone it was just hard to read about him. 

Otherwise, this book has many funny moments and it's a solid read!





Post a Comment