The Prince's Bride by J. J. McAvory (ARC)

Wednesday 16 September 2020


Release date: October 29th, 2020
Series: The Prince's Bride #1
Pages: 288
Genre: Romance

He is a spoiled playboy prince whose family is in desperate need of money.

She’s an American heiress who can only get her inheritance through marriage.

According to their families they are a perfect match.
According to each other, arranged marriages have no place in modern times and this could not possibly work.
But Prince Galahad “Gale” of Ersovia is bound by duty to obey the crown anyway.

Odette Wyntor doesn’t give a damn, she doesn’t want to get married.

Can he change her mind?

Can she even handle what it means to be royal, if he did?


*
This one was honestly a really nice read. It felt like a modern cinderella story. I was impressed.

This story follows Odette when she's put in a dilemma. Her father left her and her sister quite a lot of money after he died, but the only way to get it is if they get married, which she doesn't want to at all. 

Her mother comes to the rescue, finding a real prince for her that is in need of money and is prepared to marry her for it. 

Odette is against it, of course, but when Gale and her meet for the first time, ironically in a cinderella and a prince costume, sparks fly, especially on his end. It's love at first sight for him. For her? Not so much.

When Odette finds out her sister betrayed her, she's put in a yet another dilemma. Gale is growing on her and she's opening up to him more and more. He's literally being a prince charming to her.

I came here not to see the city but to see you. Now that I've seen you, I have no desire to see the city alone.

They take things into their own hands and they go slow, starting as friends. Gale is patiently waiting for her to ease into their arranged marriage, even though the clock is ticking for him and he doesn't have much time left. He still doesn't want to rush things.

This is a slow burn book and I have to say that I would like to have just a little bit more romance, especially towards the end when things didn't move anywhere and then, bam, Odette changed her mind all of a sudden and everything was rushed.

Also a warning, this book ends with a plot twist and a cliffhanger. It's not something you'd expect and that's what it makes me want to read the next book so much more because I have a feeling things are bound to get very interesting! 



I’m a twenty-year-old something born in Montreal, Canada but currently living in Virginia for school. I would tell you want my major is however after two years I still have no idea what I’m doing.

So I’m a writer (duh that’s how you found me), movie enthusiast, and self-proclaimed chef. I love music even though I can’t sing or dance to save my life. (That doesn’t necessarily stop me but you’ve been warned.)

I started Ruthless People the summer of 2013 in hopes of giving myself a new type of love and crime drama. I never knew so many people thought like me! I feel truly blessed to have fans like you all! Writing is my true love and having you all enjoy my words is a dream come true.

I'm on
and




Post a Comment