Scoring Off the Ice by Stacey Lynn (ARC)

Monday 28 September 2020



Release date: April 7th, 2020
Series: Ice Kings #2
Pages: 286
Genre: Romance


Sometimes scoring off the ice leads to the greatest rewards.

I’ve had only one goal in life since I first strapped on a pair of skates—make America’s pro hockey league.

I left Denmark. I made it to the top. Now, I’m determined to be the best. No distractions. I eat, sleep, and breathe hockey.

Until my birthday when my teammates convince me to live a little.
But living a little takes on a whole new meaning when less than a year later I’m confronted with a crying baby on my doorstep, drooling on a note that declares he’s mine.

Suddenly, I'm a single dad in way over my head.
There is no playbook for situations like this.

Luckily, I have Paisley.
My gorgeous neighbor, my long-time crush, and now—my savior.
She’s there any time I need her.
Helping. Guiding. Gazing at me with those green eyes that make me feel capable of this after all.

With her at my side, I’m quickly learning there’s more to life than winning a hockey game. 


*
Thank you to NetGalley for providing audiobook in an exchange for an honest review.

Since I listened to the audiobook, I have to first say that I loved the narrators, especially the male one because he did accent well.

And as far as the story goes ... It was cute and nice. 

Mikah and Paisley are neighbours, but they haven't really met before or had any conversation except for the occasional hello when they see each other in the hall. Mikah also happens to be a famous hockey player from Denmark, although Paisley has never heard of him or the team.

When Paisley hears and sees a baby crying in front of Mikah's door, she subconsciously enters his life and he lets her because it's a matter of needing her at first that quickly grows into wanting her.

This story wasn't anything too extraordinary. At first, it felt like I was listening to a baby manual because it was all about the baby.

And then, after half of the book or so, when the baby situation kind of gets sorted out, it becomes about them, but, actually, it just becomes about sex. Or so it feels like. 

I don't know what it was about this book, but I couldn't really feel the connection between them in a way that they were yearning for each other in the way that makes you all fuzzy and warm. I kind of missed that feeling.

The book itself was, overall, still nice and enjoyable. 


Stacey Lynn likes her coffee with a dash of sugar, her heroes with a side of bossy, and her wine a deep shade of red.


The author of over thirty romance novels, many of which have been best-selling titles on Amazon, AppleBooks, and Barnes & Noble.

Born in Texas and raised in the Midwest, she now makes her home in North Carolina and loves all things Southern. Together with her ultimate tall, dark, and handsome hero, she has four children. Her life is a chaotic mess that fights with her Type-A, list-making, neurotically organized preferences and she wouldn’t have it any other way.

Let's be friends! Follow me here:


Amazon: http://amzn.to/2GhozSE
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2C1XYLe
Twitter: http://bit.ly/2EwGQPg
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2o2KUg4


Post a Comment