Little Lies by Helena Hunting

Thursday 26 November 2020


Release date: November 16th, 2020
Series: / standalone
Pages: 307
Genre: New adult


I don’t want you.
You mean nothing to me.
I never loved you.

I turned my words into swords.
And I cut her down. Shoved the blade in and watched her fall.

I said I’d never hurt her, and I did.

Years later, I’m faced with all the little lies, the untruths, the false realities, the damage I inflicted, when all I wanted was to indulge my obsession.

Lavender Waters is the princess in the tower. Even her name is the thing fairy tales are made of.

I used to be the one who saved her.
Over and over again.

But I don’t want to save her anymore.
I just want to pretend the lies are still the truth.


*
Typically, I'm really not into assholes as main characters because they're rarely ever done right. Especially the male ones because it can quickly cross some lines for me.

This book is definitely a much better read than the Pucked series (in case you didn't know - Lavender is Violet and Alex's daughter from the books Pucked and Forever Pucked).

But this one was an intriguing read from the beginning. I just couldn't put the book down because the story was compelling and it really pulled me in.

Kodiak was an asshole to Lavender, there was no denying that. He pushed her to her limits and that made Lavender fight back even harder. 

And Lavender didn't just cave in that easily. She was strong and fought back. She wasn't just a punching bag for him.

And she knew how to break Kodiak enough to snap out of his behaviour and grovel for her forgiveness. She overcame her weaknesses and came back stronger and more fierce, even though everyone around her still thought she was made out of glass.

Lavender had it pretty hard as a child and when going to college, she agreed to live with her brothers, although that turned out to be a mistake because everyone just thought she's still so breakable they have to protect her all the time. And Kodiak was just adamant to make her college experience even more difficult because Lavender just couldn't escape him.

Kodiak couldn't leave her alone. He told himself he couldn't be with her, but he couldn't stay away from her, either, and God forbid anyone else would have her.

This was a beautiful story about two broken souls who were always destined to be together because it was obvious they're each other's soulmate.





Post a Comment