The Not-Outcast by Tijan

Sunday 6 December 2020


Release date: December 1st, 2020
Series: / standalone
Pages: 427
Genre: Romance


Cutler Ryder was everything I wasn't.

He was the hockey star. I was an outcast.
He was best friends with my stepbrother, that same stepbrother who hated me.
His two parents loved him. My mom was a junkie. My dad barely knew me.

Years passed.
I got my life together.
Cut went onto NHL stardom.

Then there was a text.
I was drinking.
There was a party.
Cut was there...

I loved Cutler Ryder since the first moment I saw him.
The only problem? He never knew I existed.

*
❝I think that's what the luckiest thing is for someone like you. You won't get it.
Now this ... This was perfection. In every sense. It's honestly been a long time since I've read a book I loved this much and it was this good. It made me feel things, which is very rare these days.

The story? Perfection.
The characters? Amazing. Every single one of them.
The writing? Yes. Hell yes. 

What got me the most about this book is the writing. Not only the overall book, but how incredible Cheyenne's character was portrayed. It really showed how a person like her deals with life and I loved that.

And I loved the character development in everyone, especially in Cheyenne. She grew stronger and better.

Also, this is one of the rare books that I loved Cut straight away. He just did it for me. Because he was nice and accepting and he wasn't a pushover. He understood. And what he didn't understand, he was willing to learn to understand it. 

This story is about a broken person, surrounded by broken people that made her believe she's different from them because she has her own struggles and ever since she was a kid, they pushed her away and treated her differently. She was an outcast her whole life and she never felt accepted anywhere.

Years later, she's standing on her own two feet, and the story shifts a little. Things become different for her and the boy she used to dream about finally notices her and they have the epic love story in the end.

This is a battle about mental health, perfectly portraying that no matter what, somewhere out there is going to accept and you and they will listen to you because they will understand

This was an instant five stars for me!




Post a Comment