The Woman in the Window by A. J. Flinn

Thursday 28 January 2021

Release date: January 2nd, 2018
Pages: 455
Genre: Thriller


Anna Fox lives alone, a recluse in her New York City home, unable to venture outside. She spends her day drinking wine (maybe too much), watching old movies, recalling happier times . . . and spying on her neighbors.

Then the Russells move into the house across the way: a father, a mother and their teenage son. The perfect family. But when Anna, gazing out her window one night, sees something she shouldn’t, her world begins to crumble and its shocking secrets are laid bare.

What is real? What is imagined? Who is in danger? Who is in control? In this diabolically gripping thriller, no one—and nothing—is what it seems.


*
I'm giving this book 4.25 stars. This could've easily been a 5-star read, but there were things that slightly bothered me.

To start with the good things: 

I loved the plot, it was unique and the story was suspense enough to keep you on the edge and making you guess how it's going to end. 

I loved the ending because it was completely unexpected and it truly surprised me. The twist was exceptional.

Now, the things that I liked slightly less:

This is the typical cliché: a slightly unhinged woman that drinks too much, but she's also a therapist herself. Now, I feel like it's the same thing in every thriller I read - a woman with a drinking problem and with a lot of personal problems.

The boring parts. There was a lot of boring things, all the details that could've easily been skipped, so the first half of the book was a little bit of struggle to read and I mostly just skimmed through those parts that didn't interest me and weren't of any importance to the story.

But, overall, this was still a great read and I have to say that the trailer for the upcoming movie made me pick this book up and read it (honestly, that trailer is amazing).


A.J. Finn, pseudonym for Daniel Mallory, has written for numerous publications, including the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, and the Times Literary Supplement (UK). A native of New York, Finn lived in England for ten years as a book editor before returning to New York City.








Post a Comment