Scandalous by L. J. Shen

Thursday 8 October 2020

Release date: September 21st, 2017
Series: Sinners of Saint #3
Pages: 315
Genre: Romance

They call him The Mute for a reason.
Hard, cold and calculated, he rarely speaks.
When he does, it’s with disdain.
When he does, his words aren’t meant for me.
When he does, my stomach flips and my world tilts on its axis.
He is thirty-three.
I am eighteen.
He’s a single dad and my father’s business partner.
I’m just a kid to him and his enemy’s daughter.
He’s emotionally unavailable.
And I am…feeling. Feeling things I shouldn’t feel for him.
Trent Rexroth is going to break my heart. The writing isn’t just on the wall, it’s inked on my soul.
And yet, I can’t stay away.
A scandal is the last thing my family needs. But a scandal is what we’re going to give them.
And oh, what beautiful chaos it will be.


Read the review here




*
First of all, the synopsis of this book doesn't really make sense because it indicates a different story you'll get. 

But moving from that, the story was actually pretty good. I'm not a fan of age gaps in the books, so I was a bit sceptical of this one at first, but it turned out way better than I expected it would.

I was especially sceptical because Eddie was only 18 years old and Trent was 33. That just made me worried about the maturity level, but, honestly, it didn't stand out that much and you forgot about the age gap altogether.

Here we have the story of Eddie and Trent. They meet when Eddie comes to work for her father at their firm, although she absolutely does not want to do that, but her father has something she wants, so she has to do everything he says.

She and Trent meet there when she gets in trouble the first day she gets there.

Trent is called The Mute, which was a thing I could not understand because it didn't make sense. He had no problem talking. He talked - a lot. I didn't really get the feeling that he spoke rarely. 

Trent also has a daughter and she doesn't talk. At all. Until she meets Eddie, but only then she utters a few words to her after they connect. 

Eddie and Trent have this arrangement going on for them. They claim they're not in a relationship and have rules, but they can't hide from their feelings. 

This one is the lightest read out of all the other ones in this series. It was a very good read, but my favourite is still the second book in the series. 







Post a Comment