Swing and a Mishap by Tara Sivec

Tuesday 13 October 2020



Release date: September 27th, 2020
Series: Summersweet Island #2
Pages: 386
Genre: Romance


“Hawks fans still in shock after centerfielder, Shepherd Oliver, sustained season-ending injury last night in the 5th inning of the playoffs against Chicago.”

Two years ago, I was a pretty big deal. I thought I had it all, until a blast from my past popped up on my social media feed, keeping my ego in check and reminding me how basic I am. Except sassy Wren Bennett isn’t just a blast from my past. She’s the only woman I ever saw a future with.

Even though my soul leaves my body every time she says she hates baseball and has never watched me play, a year’s-worth of messages filled with laughter and sarcasm only remind me how amazing my “pen pal” is. Unfortunately, it doesn’t matter how fine I look in a pair of baseball pants; I’m still 3,000 miles away, and she’s taken... or so I thought. Maybe I should have thought a little harder before I dropped her like a seeing-eye single into the outfield.

When an injury has me questioning everything about my life, I can only think of one place I need to go and one person I need to see. Home, to Summersweet Island, to get back my “pen pal.”

Now I just need to make sure single mom Wren knows I didn’t come back for a change, and I didn’t come back for a job. I’m swinging for the fences, and I’m finally coming home to make her mine. If only she’d stop insulting me and stay in one place long enough for me to tell her. She wouldn’t try to drown me with a tub of ice cream, right?

I’m sure it’ll be fine.


Read the review here


*
Tara Sivec does it all over again: making me fall in love with her book.

I swear to God, she knows her humour and she knows how to make someone full-out laugh.

I absolutely loved the characters again (nothing changed about that from the first book) and I absolutely loved the banter between Wren and Shepherd. Tara Sivec knows how to create perfect couples, it seems, because Wren and Shepherd were an absolute joy to read about.

Wren is a single mom and Shepherd and she used to know each other from the school until he moved away and became a pretty big deal in baseball. They reconnected on social media when Wren used to put videos of her son playing baseball up and Shepherd decided to comment on that. They became pen pals until Shepherd, all of a sudden, cut ties off and stopped responding unexpectedly.

When Shepherd shows up at the Summersweet Island completely unannounced, Wren realises how much grudge she's still holding against him. He's been her crush since school days and he went and unknowingly broke her heart.

Shepherd, however, came there on a mission and his mission is to make Wren forgive him and make her his. It's a tough task, especially when Wren, who's usually calm and collected, seems to lose her shit every time she's around him and tells him off.

But Shepherd kind of knows that a way to her heart might be her son and he takes that to his advantage since he's his coach now. 

I loved how much Wren grew out of her reserved and held-back character. I also loved that all of the characters had flaws and made mistakes and nobody was absolutely perfect as it can be seen in other books that just creates an unrealistic picture. 

I can't say anything bad about this book. I love this series and I'm so excited about the third book that's coming out next year!



Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of boredom. She writes in a wide range of genres including Romantic Comedy, Romantic Comedy/Mystery, Romantic Suspense, New Adult Drama, Contemporary Romance and Psychological Thriller. Her novel Seduction and Snacks won first place in the Indie Romance Convention Reader's Choice Awards 2013 for Best Indie First Book and she was voted Best Indie Author in the Indie Romance Convention Reader's Choice Awards 2014.

In her spare time, Tara loves to dream about all of the baking she'll do and naps she'll take when she ever gets spare time.







Post a Comment